Waiting on Wednesday - The Whisper by Emma Clayton


Waiting on Wednesday was a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine, so that bloggers can feature upcoming releases that they cannot wait to get their hands on.

Here's mine...

Okay, normally I'm all about the YA/Teen reads, but today I'm doing things a little differently.  Today, we're switching back to middle-grade fiction, because a book I've been waiting for ages FINALLY HAS A COVER AND A PUBDATE AND I'M SO EXCITED!!!

*taps microphone*  Did you get all that?

Good.

This...is The Whisper by Emma Clayton...


And normally HERE is where I would give you the summary of this much anticipated book, but since I've never stumbled upon another YA book blog review of the first book in the series (and they're probably out there, I just haven't found them) I'm not going to.

Why? you ask.

Well...spoilers.  Thou Shalt Not Be Spoiled.

Instead I shall direct you to this...

This is The Roar by Emma Clayton... I reviewed it here, and since I'm nice, you can have the summary to this one.


Mika and Ellie live in a future behind a wall: Solid concrete topped with high-voltage razor wire and guarded by a battalion of Ghengis Borgs, it was built to keep out the animals, because animals carry the plague. At least that's what Ellie, who was kidnapped as a child, has always been taught.
But when she comes to suspect the truth behind her captivity, she's ready to risk exposure to the elements and answer the call of the wild. Listen. Can you hear it? She's strapping on her headset, jumpstarting her Pod Fighter, and--with her capuchin monkey at her back--she's breaking out!

 Read this book!  Seriously!


I enjoyed this so much that every time I see it on the shelf at the library I pet it.  (I'm not joking.  This is on my list of books that when I see it, I run a loving hand down its spine and murmur "what a good book you are").


And now it's getting a sequel and the sequel has a cove and a pubdate and...and...


Okay...calm down, geekgirl.


I need to lay down now.  This post has taken a lot out of me.


But before I go (and leave you with what is possibly the wordiest Waiting on Wednesday post known to man), please see the below graphic I found on the author's website (here, and all credit for the image below belongs to that site) which I am using to illustrate just how awesome book one is and how much I want book two.






That's Ellie, one of the main characters. She has a monkey.



It is her friend.


It's a dystopian and She. Has. A. Monkey. Friend.


That is all.


I'm very tired now.


Please tell me you've read The Roar...or that you will read The Roar and The Whisper.


And tell me about your own Waiting on Wednesday posts in the comments... or at least what you think of my (LONGEST EVER IN THE HISTORY OF TIME) post.


Happy Reading!


-geekgirl

Comments

  1. I haven't hear of either of these before! Thanks for bringing them to my attention. monkey friend=good so basically this is on the list!

    Here’s my WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Scarlett - I don't think anyone has! And that makes me sad, because The Roar was soooo goooood.

    and I wholeheartedly agree with your equation. Monkey Friend = Good.

    Thanks for commenting!

    -geekgirl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of this series. But your enthusiasm is fantastic!
    I hope you enjoy it. Thanks for sharing!

    Here's mine: http://thebookishbabes.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday_24.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. i WOW'd a middle grade, too! (http://gypsybookreviews.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-2.html)

    i haven't heard of this series, but now i'm intrigued and adding it to my to-read list! yay. great pick. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! I love your WoW post! I am putting these books on my TBR pile they sounds fantastic, who can resist a monkey sidekick!

    My Wow

    Suzanne @ Under the Covers

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Andrea - LOL, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    @ashelynn - Yay! More middle grade titles! And yes, you should definitely put it on your to-read list.

    @Under the Covers - Monkey Sidekicks FTW! \o/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of these before. I hope you enjoy them.


    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the visit & follow yesterday. I'm following back!

    I hadn't heard about this series. It definitely sounds interesting! Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Jen - Oh, I think I will! :) And thanks for your WoW link!

    @Marla - Thanks & Thanks! (& thanks for commenting :) )

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this book! This is my favorite book. And I can't wait to get the sequel. And geekgirl, I go a step farther than you, when I see the book I take it out and hug it to my chest. :) Another middle grade title I personally love is NERDS by Michael Buckley.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment