Cover-Judgers Anonymous (8)

Never judge a book by its cover.

 If you've read my blog, you've probably heard me refer to myself as a shameless cover-judger.  I know, I'm seeking help.  But I don't think I'm the only one out there who does it.

So I invite you, readers, to share your opinion, and maybe we can find a cure for this problem together...or not.

Here's today's choice... The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove by Lauren Kate

A steamy Southern beauty makes one fatal mistake. 
Natalie Hargrove would kill to be her high school’s Palmetto Princess. But her boyfriend Mike King doesn’t share her dream and risks losing the honor of Palmetto Prince to Natalie’s nemesis, Justin Balmer. So she convinces Mike to help play a prank on Justin. . . one that goes terribly wrong. They tie him to the front of the church after a party—when they arrive the next morning, Justin is dead.
From blackmail to buried desire, dark secrets to darker deeds, Natalie unravels. She never should’ve messed with fate. Fate is the one thing more twisted than Natalie Hargrove.
Cruel Intentions meets Macbeth in this seductive, riveting tale of conscience and consequence.

On the left is the original cover, which to be honest, didn't catch my eye at all the first time I saw it.  It's the cover on the right that did it for me.  I saw this and was instantly going hello, beautiful, and scrambling to find out what the book was about.


Originally published with the cover on the left, The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove is being re-released with the new cover.  


What do you think?


-geekgirl

Comments

  1. I really like the bottom one, the colours are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The original cover captures who Natalie is. The new cover not so much.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment