My Fave YA Relationships

Hey Everyone!

Since I've been sick this week, I haven't gotten a lot of reading done (I know that doesn't make sense, but when I'm sick my attention span goes way down.  I've been watching a lot of Disney and horror movies over the past few days.)

So instead of the book review I had planned, I've decided, since it's Valentines Day, to share my fave YA relationships with you.

So without further ado, I give you my top YA relationships, in no particular order.

Katniss/Peeta - The Hunger Games Series - Suzanne Collins

This fave pairing, I have to say, is mainly due to Peeta.  If you've read the books, you know exactly what I mean.

If you haven't read the books (and oh my goodness, why not?), here's what you need to know...Katniss is the main character in The Hunger Games.  She takes the place of her little sister when she's chosen as a tribute to a fight to the death.  Every district has to give two tributes though, one female, and one male.  Peeta is the male tribute.

He is willing to die so Katniss can live.  No, he is planning to die so Katniss can live.

Oh.  My heart.



Isobel/Varen - Nevermore - Kelly Creagh

Isobel is the perfect blonde cheerleader.  Varen is the creepy loner goth boy.

Isobel's life is pretty much perfect until she's paired with Varen for the biggest school project of the year.  As they work together, she starts seeing that there's more to Varen than she realized, and soon she's ditching her friends (who aren't that nice to begin with) in order to spend time with Varen.

Theirs is the sweetest love story with a horror background, and I loved that it took Isobel forever to realize that she's actually in love with Varen.

Adore this.



Lena/Alex - Delirium - Lauren Oliver

This is the love story of two people who fall in love in a world where love is a disease.  Where love is illegal, and punishable by pain and imprisonment and even death.

To add to this, Lena didn't even want to fall in love.  All she wanted was to be normal, and to count down the days until she could have the procedure to cure herself forever.

This is a terrifying dystopian romance full of danger and excitement.

It's an amazing read.  Check it out.  You won't regret it.






Happy Valentines Day Everyone!

Happy Reading!

-geekgirl

p.s. COMING UP TOMORROW... My Fave YA Relationships, Honorable Mentions Edition (because they're not really in relationships, but they should be!)

Comments

  1. Peeta is amazing!! I totally agree with you there. Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment