The Iron Queen - Julie Kagawa


My name is Meghan Chase.
I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.
This time, there will be no turning back.


Okay, I have something I need to get off my chest.

Until now...I was team Puck.

There.  I said it.

I don't know what it is.  I'm just a sucker for those best-friend turned boyfriend possibilities.  That and I have a thing against girls who fall in love too fast.  So when Meghan fell for Ash so quickly in the past two books, even though he was being a jerk and avoiding her, I didn't like it.  I was secretly (very secretly...the YA book bloggers' love for Ash isn't much of a secret, and I'm too new to this game to be shaking things up) rooting for Puck.

But I've been converted.

I don't know what it was about The Iron Queen, but my hat is off to you, Julie Kagawa.  I want an Ash of my own now.  (pretty please).

In the last book, Meghan and Ash were prepaid to leave the world of Faery behind forever, just so that they could be together.  The only problem is that Faery has gotten itself in a world of trouble, and it's up to Meghan and Ash to save it before it's too late.

As always, Kagawa swept me off my feat with her adventurous tale.  This third installment to the series is even more exciting than the others, and her world, as always, is beautifully crafted.

I absolutely adored this one.  In fact, I think I liked it even better than the previous two, because I finally got to see the true side of Ash, and saw what Meghan (and apparently, all the other bloggers) has seen in him all along.

Amazing read!  Amazing series!  Amazing author!

Go read it.

-geekgirl

...now...who do I have to throw my iPod at to get The Iron Knight?

Comments

  1. Awesome review!!! I haven't read the series yet (crazy, I know) but it's here on my TBR pile winking at me. And after reading your review I'm even more intrigued to see what's all about!!! I have a feeling I'd be Team Puck as well.:))
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I agree. Up until The Iron Queen I was team Puck. I couldn't stand Puck's attitude in TIQ, I mean, I get why he reacted that way but still! Come on man, LET.IT.GO!

    I feel like I'm betraying Puck by even thinking about being team Ash lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the Testing Grounds the best. Along Ash's journey is the ever present Puck, who loves Meghan too. A few surprises in the shape of fellow travelers/helpers show up as well and each must make hard decisions and overcome weaknesses. Even Grimalkin! The Iron Knight taught the importance of atoning for past mistakes, keeping stories alive and the strength of love. Thanks to Net Galley, Harlequin Teen and Julie Kagawa for a wonderfully amazing journey.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment