Weekend Wishlist (3)

Hey everyone!  Happy Saturday!
Do you have a list of books building up in your head (or on your bookshelf), that have been out for awhile, but you've never read, but you keep hoping you will?
Weekend Wishlist is a way for bloggers to share their to-be-read piles with each other, and to remind themselves that, though we all adore the new releases, there are many backlist titles that deserve our love too.
I'm still working out the kinks of this meme, so for now, if you'd like to participate, either leave a link to your WW post in the comments, or email me at gkgrlbk@gmail.com, and I'll add your link below.

This week's Weekend Wishlist was going to feature another series I've been wanting to read for awhile, but then I realized that what I was planning wasn't what I was really wishing for.

I was wishing for this...



Now, this is more of a middle-grade title as opposed to a YA/Teen novel.  I've been wanting to read it for awhile, but haven't gotten around to it.

I've been wanting to read it ever since I saw the movie (which, in my defense, I had no idea was based on a book until the credits rolled...shows you how much I pay attention, doesn't it?) about a year ago.



Well, I got the movie from the library again early this week, and I've been watching it again (and again...I'm like a little kid, I swear!), and the urge to read the book is back and stronger than ever.

I'm not sure when I'm going to get a chance to curl up with this one, but I think it definitely deserves a place on my reading pile.

In case you didn't know, it's got a definite dystopian feel to it.  It's about a girl and a boy who live in the city of Ember, an underground city built after a terrible occurrence that left the world above unlivable.  Now, several hundred years later, food supplies are running out, power is going, and everything is falling apart, and it's up to the two of them to stop it...or to find a way out.

I can't wait to read it.

Well...what about you?  Have you read it?  Did you like it?  Or do you have anything that's on your backlogged reading pile that you'd like to share.

I'd love to hear about it!

Happy Reading!

-geekgirl

Comments