NEW ADULT REVIEW Easy by Tammara Webber

Easy
by Tammara Webber
Paperback
November 6, 2012

Rescued by a stranger.
Haunted by a secret
Sometimes, love isn’t easy…

He watched her, but never knew her. Until thanks to a chance encounter, he became her savior…

The attraction between them was undeniable. Yet the past he’d worked so hard to overcome, and the future she’d put so much faith in, threatened to tear them apart.

Only together could they fight the pain and guilt, face the truth—and find the unexpected power of love.

 Okay, first a warning...  This is a new adult title and I definitely wouldn't recommend it for younger teens.  Older (I'd say 17/18+ at least) teens only.  Okay?  Okay.

This is my first foray into New Adult books, a genre that's still in its infancy that I hope to see more of (there's been a gap between YA and adult titles that is just begging to be filled...after all, college is where a lot of people re-invent themselves, right?) and I'm so glad I picked this one as my first read.

Easy follows Jacqueline as she tries to recover from her breakup with the boyfriend she had followed to college.  She's been having a hard time (he hasn't exactly been subtle with starting over with other girls) and things take a turn for the worse when she's walking back to her car after a party and she's attacked (another warning... one of the guys from the party tries to rape her.  I'm not counting this as a spoiler since it happens in the very first chapter of the book, and I think it's definitely something you want to be prepared for).  But she's saved by Lucas, a guy she's never noticed before, and this sets off a string of events that plunge Jacqueline's once-normal life into chaos.

Between her budding attraction to Lucas, and her new-found crush on her tutor, Landon, Easy has tinges of a love-triangle, which almost turned me off from it (I'm not a fan of love triangles) but then it took an amazing turn and I was hooked all the way through to the end.  I stayed up into the wee hours of the night to finish this one, and I don't regret a single moment.

Loved this one.  The drama, the mystery, the romance.  It was sexy but nothing super racy, which I think is just right for this kind of read.

Great read, but once again, not for younger readers.  Hoping for more like this from the author soon!

-geekgirl


UPDATE!!!

There's more!!! OMG they're GORGEOUS!!!





Comments

  1. I haven't really gotten into this whole New Adult thing, the only book I read was Beautiful Disaster (which I will admit to enjoying, but it was a really tough subject). I have heard only awesome things about this book and now I really want to read it... Glad to hear that you kept with it despite the tinge of a love triangle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this book! I am just generally a massive fan of New Adult books and this is one of my favourites. I am also considering taking self defence claases because of this book.

    Laura @Bookish Treasures blog

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment