Waiting on Wednesday - Shatter Me


Waiting on Wednesday was a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine, so that bloggers can feature upcoming releases that they cannot wait to get their hands on.

Here's mine...


 Juliette hasn't touched anyone in exactly 264 days. The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal. As long as she doesn't hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don't fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war- and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she's exactly what they need right now.

Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.

In this electrifying debut, Tahereh Mafi presents a world as riveting as The Hunger Games and a superhero story as thrilling as The X-Men. Full of pulse-pounding romance, intoxicating villainy, and high-stakes choices, Shatter Me is a fresh and original dystopian novel—with a paranormal twist—that will leave readers anxiously awaiting its sequel.

 I absolutely can't wait to read this book.  It sounds like Rogue (who was always my fave of the X-men) stuck in a dystopian society.  Love it!  And just look at that cover!  *pets it*

So gorgeous!  Can't wait.

What about you?  What are you waiting on this week?

Tell me or leave your link in the comments!

-geekgirl

Comments

  1. This is the book everyone wants! It does look pretty amazing. Great pick!

    Here's mine: http://thebookishbabes.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday_31.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. It DOES have a Rogue feel to it now that you mention it! I can't wait for this one too, it's already on my to-read list! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! I've heard sooo many great things about this book! I'm dying to read it! And I love the shiny cover too! Gorgeous indeed! Awesome pick!:D

    xoxo
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been eyeing this one for a while. Great pick!
    Karen @ Books Beside My Bed

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought about Rogue when I read the synopsis, so I guess we're on the same wavelength :-)

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited for this book. I need to get my hands on a copy! NOW! lol
    Amy's Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one definitely has me intrigued plus who can say no to a cover like that!? Thanks for sharing!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to read this book! I'm so excited about it! New follower!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shatter Me is definitely one of my must-have books too!! So excited for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been seeing this one everywhere, it looks awesome! I definitely added it to my TBR list :)

    Here's mine; Literary Exploration: Waiting On Wednesday [2]

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pick, I can't wait for Shatter Me and I have heard so many great things about this book.

    My WoW: http://thereadinggeek.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-13-two-truths-and.html#comments

    Also a new follower

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the sound of this one! Great choice : )

    My WoW

    Suzanne @ Under the Covers

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want this one SO BAD!!! Seriously though. Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  14. new follower :)
    Ah I am so excited for this one!! It looks amazing :)

    check out my waiting on Wednesday!
    http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-8-lola-and-boy.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment