Waiting on Wednesday - The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater


Waiting on Wednesday was a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine, so that bloggers can feature upcoming releases that they cannot wait to get their hands on.

Here's mine...


It happens at the start of every November: the Scorpio Races. Riders attempt to keep hold of their water horses long enough to make it to the finish line. Some riders live. Others die.

At age nineteen, Sean Kendrick is the returning champion. He is a young man of few words, and if he has any fears, he keeps them buried deep, where no one else can see them.

Puck Connolly is different. She never meant to ride in the Scorpio Races. But fate hasn’t given her much of a chance. So she enters the competition — the first girl ever to do so. She is in no way prepared for what is going to happen.

 You have no idea how excited I am for this one.  I just finished Maggie Stiefvater's Wolves of Mercy Falls series, and I adored it.  Now I want to read everything she's ever written.  EVER.


And just in case the cover and the summary didn't grab you, here's another little treat:  Maggie made a trailer for the book.  You can see it here, and I will also be posting it here on the blog once I can get my dang computer to cooperate with me.  (It's still sleepy).


Happy Reading Everyone!


...and share your Waiting on... posts in the comments!  I love to see them!


-geekgirl









Comments

  1. Nice pick. I love Maggie Stiefvater so much (still havent read forever though i have it in my TBR pile.) I will definitely get this one when it comes out. My WoW pick for this week is Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi. Check it out:

    http://beckonedbybooks.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-shatter-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is on my TBR too. Looks great!

    http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/08/www-11-and-waiting-on-wednesday-august.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This definitely sounds like a cool book. Thanks for sharing!
    Here's my WoW: http://thebookishbabes.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday_17.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the Wolves of Mercy Falls on my bookshelves to read, I just haven't made it there yet! I am excited to get around to them though! This one sounds really awesome. And is it just me, or does Sean Kendrick already sound like he's hot? :) Check out my WoW over at Fuzzy.Coffee.Books if ya like!
    Courtney
    *new follower

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love, love Maggie's writing! I can't wait for her newest book to come out. o.o It's going to be amazing! Great pick! I chose it a few weeks ago as my WoW.

    My WoW: http://astorytolove.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-tris-and-izzie.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Forever was such a great conclusion to the Mercy Falls trilogy! I was fortunate to recieve The Scorpion Races not too long ago, so I'm definitely looking forward to start reading it soon. I love the book trailer Maggie created for it too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment