Waiting on Wednesday (20)


Waiting on Wednesday was a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine, so that bloggers can feature upcoming realases that they cannot wait to get their hands one.

Here's mine...


 The wars that followed The Collapse nearly destroyed civilization. Now, twenty years later, the world is faced with a choice—rebuild what was or make something new.

Stephen Quinn, a quiet and dutiful fifteen-year-old scavenger, travels Post-Collapse America with his Dad and stern ex-Marine Grandfather. They travel light. They keep to themselves. Nothing ever changes. But when his Grandfather passes suddenly and Stephen and his Dad decide to risk it all to save the lives of two strangers, Stephen's life is turned upside down. With his father terribly injured, Stephen is left alone to make his own choices for the first time.

Stephen’s choices lead him to Settler's Landing, a lost slice of the Pre-Collapse world where he encounters a seemingly benign world of barbecues, baseball games and days spent in a one-room schoolhouse. Distrustful of such tranquility, Stephen quickly falls in with Jenny Tan, the beautiful town outcast. As his relationship with Jenny grows it brings him into violent conflict with the leaders of Settler's Landing who are determined to remake the world they grew up in, no matter what the cost.

Oh, post-apocalyptic fiction, how do I love thee?


Let me count the ways...


No, let me just read this book!


I can't wait to get my hands on this one.


-geekgirl

Comments

  1. I have seen this a couple of times and it has peaked my interest each time.

    My Wow post can be found here

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really looking forward to this one too. I NEED to read it! Love post-apocalyptic fiction. You can find my wow here

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one sounds intriguing. I'm excited for it to be released, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everybody! Can't wait to get it out there to you all. Not long now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can never have to many post-apocalyptic fictions in your TBR pile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Suzanne Collins blurb should catch some eyes! It looks like The Eleventh Plague is one everyone will be keeping their eyes on as we get closer to the release date!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one sounds interesting!

    My WoW, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment