Cover-Judgers Anonymous (6)

Never judge a book by its cover.

 If you've read my blog, you've probably heard me refer to myself as a shameless cover-judger.  I know, I'm seeking help.  But I don't think I'm the only one out there who does it.

So I invite you, readers, to share your opinion, and maybe we can find a cure for this problem together...or not.

Here's today's choice...Die for Me by Amy Plum.

On the right we have what I believe was the original cover, and on the left is the final one.  What's your take?

Personally, I prefer the more whimsical one on the left.  It shows the more fantastical side of the novel, and also that it's set in Paris.  On the right, if you didn't happen to get the mythology, it just looks like a girl in a boat.

But that's just me.  I haven't read this one yet (though it's currently sitting very close to the top of my to-read pile) so I can't say for sure yet.

What do you think?  Have you read it?  Which one suits it better?  And if you haven't, which one would you be more likely to snag off the shelf?

-geekgirl


Comments