Linger - Maggie Stiefvater


In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. Now, in Linger, they must fight to be together. For Grace, this means defying her parents and keeping a very dangerous secret about her own well-being. For Sam, this means grappling with his werewolf past . . . and figuring out a way to survive into the future. Add into the mix a new wolf named Cole, whose own past has the potential to destroy the whole pack. And Isabelle, who already lost her brother to the wolves . . . and is nonetheless drawn to Cole.


I've got to say that I loved this book.  I got a little too caught up in the divergance between the werewolf mythology in Shiver, as compared to normal werewolf mythology--silver, changing due to the moon vs the weather, etc.  It was a little too different for me to accept in the first novel.  But in Linger, the new mythology seemed to take a backseat to everything else that was going on.

Grace and Sam's relationship continues.  It's not easy for them, but then, it's never been easy for them.  I really enjoyed their relationship, and how we as readers got to watch it develop without the threat of the werewolf curse hanging over their heads...at least in the beginning.

I really enjoyed the whole dynamic between Isabel--please let me have spelt that right...I've already returned my copy to the library so I can't double-check and I forgot to take notes--and the new character of Cole.  Cole was intriguing.  He wanted to be a wolf just as much as Sam wanted to be human.

This book was also a lot faster paced than Shiver, which I found exciting and made the book hard to put down.

All in all, I really enjoyed this.  I recommend that even if you were a little bit meh about Shiver, that you give Linger a chance.  It might surprise you.

-geekgirl

Comments

  1. Oh, I loved this book! Seriously, I kind of cried. Possibly a lot. -coughs- The relationships are so REAL, though, that it makes it pretty hard not to fall in love. I totally bought the whole thing, and I cannot WAIT for the next book.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment