I think this was a very productive day...aka In My Mailbox part two

bookroadtriphaul1

Well, I promised on twitter that I'd post about my haul from my book road trip today, and I feel I've done pretty well.  Didn't get everything I was hoping for, but I'm really pleased.

I've decided that this counts as a second In My Mailbox post, as it's still Sunday, and mostly because I just really want to share the excitement.

So here's what I got...

Gregor the Overlander - Suzanne Collins
I did a review for this one here, but that was from a copy I had out from the library...this one belongs to me, and that makes me very very happy.  Also, this is by the same author as the Hunger Games, so if you know someone a bit younger who's not quite ready for the Hunger Games yet, this is a good alternative.  Great writing!  So happy to have found this one!

Runaway - Meg Cabot
I've read the first two in this series--Airhead and Being Nikki--and I loved both of them (haven't done reviews yet, but those will be coming soon).  Since the waiting list for this at the library is about a million and a half years long, I'm really glad I found this one.  Can't wait to read it.

The Astonishing Adventures of Fanboy and Gothgirl - Barry Lyga
Not sure what this one's about, but the title pulled at my heartstrings.  I have a huge love for fanboys.  Couldn't resist.  Looks like a good read.  I'll keep you posted.

Catching Fire - Suzanne Collins
Read this one not too long ago (review here) but yet again, from another library find.  Very happy to have my own copy, but a little bummed that the store didn't have the Hunger Games in stock.  It will be mine though, oh yes, it will be mine.  (name that reference)

Before I Fall - Lauren Oliver
Not too sure what this one's about, but I've heard good things.  Really looking forward to checking it out.

Hourglass - Claudia Gray
I've only read Evernight in this series so far, and that was a while ago, so I think a re-read may be in order.  I have both that and Stargazer on my shelf though, so I thought I'd better pick this up while I could.

Prophecy of the Sisters - Michelle Zink
Don't know too much about this one either, but it looks interesting.

Skulduggery Pleasant Dark Days - Derek Landy
I read the first Skulduggery Pleasant book ages ago and I loved it.  I have the others sitting on my shelf, just waiting to be read.  Teenage girl who's friends with a badass talking skeleton.  What's not to like? 


Well, that's all for now.  I got a couple adult titles as well, but I wasn't sure if I should post them, since I won't be reviewing them on this blog. 

What do you think?  Which should I start with first?

-geekgirl xoxo.

Comments