All American Girl - Meg Cabot

allamericangirl

Summary:

Top Ten Reasons Samantha Madison is in Deep Trouble

10. Her big sister is the most popular girl in school
9. Her little sister is a certified genius
8. She's in love with her big sister's boyfriend
7. She got caught selling celebrity portraits in school
6. And now she's being forced to take art classes
5. She's just saved the president of the United States from an assassination attempt
4. So the whole world thinks she is a hero
3. Even though Sam knows she is far, far from being a hero
2. And now she's been appointed teen ambassador to the UN

And the number-one reason Sam's life is over?
1. The president's son just might be in love with her.



Review:
I adore Meg Cabot.  I think her stories are adorable.  But I've got to admit, this wasn't my favourite.  I thought the premise was cute--intentional outsider unintentionally saves the life of the President by tackling his would-be assassin, and then becomes an overnight celebrity.  Cute premise, but I found myself really disliking the main character every once in awhile--she's in love with her sister's boyfriend (who's a real jerk), and keeps making excuses for his behavior, saying that he's a misunderstood artist.  It just came through as irritating, especially when Samantha had a really sweet suitor in the President's teenage son.

Then, all of a sudden, she changes her tune, and is over her sister's boyfriend and is after the President's son...and she's still making excuses for the "misunderstood artist".

Not my fave...mainly due to the characters, but I just love the way Meg Cabot writes.

3 Stars

-geekgirl

on Amazon.com All-American Girl
on Goodreads.com All American Girl

Comments